Sunday, March 13, 2016

MY GRACE VERSUS MY PERSONALITY!!!
















I absolutely love the study of personalities! I spent many years learning how uniquely we are all made. How we all have strengths and weaknesses. And how to have a personality transformed more into the image of Christ. Because of this knowledge, as I began pursuing MORE GRACE, I asked myself and Holy Spirit, “are there weaknesses in my personality that could hinder my journey into MORE GRACE”? And thus began my study into this, learning to transform my weakness into strengths for this journey!

I shared with you in my last post that being a perfectionist can be a hindrance. Keeping me from fully enjoying my GRACE PARTIES! 

Another personality weakness, is my very deep and analytical mind. The Bible says in 
James 4:6b 
God sets Himself against the proud and haughty, 
But gives grace (continually) to the lowly, 
(to those who are humble enough to receive it). 

MORE GRACE is given to those who have a humble attitude. Humble in the dictionary also means SIMPLE. The GRACE of God is meant to be simply received not denied and nullified, not debated, dissected and analyzed to death!

Keep things simple is my new attitude, one of simply receiving and enjoying the GRACE of God!

There is another personality weakness I would like to share with you which can hinder my receiving MORE GRACE. That is, I tend to become overwhelmed easily

At every new level of learning, the devil comes to distract me with many concerns and interests! He comes now because He does not want me to receive MORE GRACE, more importantly, he does not want me to give MORE GRACE! 

If I allow him to overwhelm me I will become upset in thoughts and feelings, distressed, depressed and oppressed. My focus will be divided with many concerns. I will become paralyzed and my journey end into MORE GRACE. BUT GOD……….

GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST, at this level of learning, Holy Spirit is making me more aware of my weaknesses and the devils tactics! Awareness is the first step to making progress on our journey!

Shaking the devil off and telling him where to go is my new attitude!
And staying focus on my pursuit into MORE GRACE for me and mine!!!

What about you? Are there things about your personality that can hinder your journey into MORE GRACE? Ask Holy Spirit and He will show you! A very good resource is the book, Transforming Your Temperament by Tim LaHaye. :)

Enjoy Your Journey!

Blessings,
Joan <3