Saturday, July 11, 2015

PREPAREDNESS: Socially

Are we (Americans) prepared socially in the event of a crisis? The Congressman I spoke of in the beginning post says no. I agree with him. One thing for sure we will need family and friends working together to survive a major crisis.

Our preparedness should involve our immediate family, extended family and friends. It means, identifying gifts, talents and resources within each of them.

To accomplish this one exercise I did was gathering my two daughters and nieces around my dining table.The 12 places were full. All precious, talented, strong young women. ALL Christians I might add. PTL! We identified teachers, (special ed., children adult and Bible teachers), a nurse, mission minds and supporters, home and office organizers, a bus driver, cooks, hunters, cowgirls, dancer/body builder, and hairdresser,  I was amazed what resources we had around my table! Their assignment was to begin thinking about how they would respond and function in their gifts and talents in the event of a crisis to help others. For example, my daughter, the nurse is collecting first aid supplies, medications, and general medical supplies. My second daughter, the outdoors lady is learning from her dad hunting skills, horse training and the benefits of wild herbs. She is also collecting tools she will need to do so.
Their scripture is Prov. 22:3 A prudent man or woman sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.

Keep in mind preparedness can be fun-filled activities for the whole family!
Don't worry, Trust in the Lord and let Him help you begin to plan, prepare and stay informed!

Enjoy your journey,
Blessings,
Joan