Monday, July 6, 2015

PREPAREDNESS: Lessons from the Bible

As I began my journey toward preparedness I first looked to the Bible. The lessons I found are in the following scriptures:

Proverbs 6:6-8 Go to the ant, you sluggard. Consider her ways and be wise.

Matthew 25:1-13 The story of the ten virgins, five were wise and five were foolish.

Genesis 41:1-39 Joseph prepared for a hard time and saves many lives.

Proverbs 31 The virtuous woman was compelled by love for her family to prepare for their future. She uses her gifts, talents and wisdom in fulfilling and productive ways. She draws her strength from the Lord and lays down her life for those she loves.

Matthew 25:14-28 The sowing of our talents, wisely investing our financial resources for such a time as this.

Matthew 24:40-42 ABOVE ALL, you must be ready at all times, for Jesus will come when least expected.

Is preparedness essential? I heard many of you say yes. I believe it is too, especially after reading these scriptures. I believe  preparedness is a positive character trait that God desires to develop in our lives.  So..... along with me commit your journey to The Lord and He will guide you.

Enjoy your journey,
Blessings,
Joan