Friday, June 10, 2016

GRACE Hates Sin but Loves the Sinner!

Hello MORE GRACE Seekers,

I pray all is well with you and yours. I pray you are continuing your journey into MORE GRACE, receiving for yourself MORE GRACE from God your Father and Lord Jesus Christ and learning to give MORE GRACE to your loved ones. That's what this journey is all about!

That's our goal and some days are easier than others. Don't you agree?

The bible says to abhor sin but to love the sinner. Romans 12:9. This process, within my own immediate family, is one of the most difficult parts of my journey.

I am reminded of the question I considered as I began this journey, "How can I be a greater blessing to my family in this last third of my life?"

At this time, I see some of my loved ones conforming to this world, this age, fashioning themselves after and adapting to the world's customs, (Romans 12:2)
How do I judge the sin and confront the sin in my loved ones lives and love them, as God did and does? How do I allow GOD'S GRACE, unmerited favor and love flow through me to them?

As always, I pray for my loved ones to change and in the process God desires to change me! One of the several fruits of His Spirit being developed in me is God's GOODNESS. It is an attitude of moral excellence and standing up for right. And I must say, this takes COURAGE, which I was not born with! The goodness hates sin! It stands up for truth! But does not withhold LOVE and GOD'S GRACE!

GOODNESS speaks truth in love. It has the courage to confront the sin when God compels it to. Yet, with adult children or grands it doesn't belabor things. The important message to our loved ones is, yes we hate sin but we will always love them! This is definitely a time to allow GOD'S GRACE to flow through us, the unmerited love and favor of God - that He shows to all of us when we struggle with sin.

I have been praying the serenity prayer often!!! I am practicing letting go and letting God be God in their life. And.... sadly to say, letting go, giving my adult child or grand to the consequences of their sin which is extremely hard for me. Yet, I will never give up on God to deliver them from the pit and corruption and to satisfy their life with GOOD! Psalms 103

This is truly a higher level of education for me. It's a new way of living and acting, free from controlling and enabling and fixing my loved ones, which hasn't worked! I am also seeing it will be a new way of talking. Holy Spirit and I are working on that now. I'll report progress later.

GOD'S GRACE shows unconditional love and acceptance. I am learning though, acceptance of the person is not approval of the sin. Acceptance means acknowledging what is TRUE. It means acknowledging what the bible says about morality and the potential dangers involved with the sin. It also acknowledges they are my family and I will always love them! It acknowledges GOD'S GRACE is profound, and its effects on my family will be both far reaching and life changing just like it has for me!!! GOD'S GRACE never gives up and neither will I!!!

If you relate to what I am experiencing, be encouraged. We are growing in GRACE and learning how to be a greater blessing to our family!

May God's Grace and Spiritual Blessings and your Soul's Peace be multiplied to you, from your Father and Lord Jesus Christ! Galatians 1:3

Enjoy Your Journey! (no matter what the circumstances are)

Joan <3